Java-shake sagt ... hallo !

Hier können sich neue Mitglieder vorstellen.

Moderator: Moderatoren

Java-Shake
Illumina-Mitglied
Java-shake sagt ... hallo !

Beitrag von Java-Shake »

Hallo everyone,

I write this in English to avoid misunderstandings and meanwhile some students learn another languange as well. (win-win situation) The first thing that I like to say is: that I like german culture, because Germany is famous because of their accuracy and good beer. My German isn't perfect but I do understand it, since Germany is still a free country you are free to react in German or in English.

I did work 3 years in chemistry but then I decided to study again, by now I study chemistry (semester 4) and meanwhile I do development work to help young students to get a degree and at least I did help 2 students previous year to achieve it. It's for me impossible to have time to stay online, in other words: I don't be often online, so..

I'am a full-time University student in Biochemistry also...and sometimes I feel myself nervous because I have no free time to re-edit my words for a simple thing, I apologize.

My interests are organic synthesis and perform over hundred reactions in my life. Biochemistry and applied statistics are my main focus right now. But I like nature too and my home seems a bit like a subtropical jungle.

Why I'am here ? :
1) To avoid that "Java-shake" is used by another user
2) I miss lemmi and Pok

It requires some efforts to say stop with attacking Illumina-chemie and versuchschemie. Many people think that attacking is the best strategy to defend your own opinion, the meaning of defension is a bit different for me. Peace.

A funny thing @ Newsclears: the meaning of (_ _)m is "Gomen". It's to check whether there are Japanese members here. Freely translated it means "sorry", but in a form that people don't know each other. You can compare it a bit with "Sie" instead of "Du". m(_ _)m have another meaning but NI2 can simply ask it to his Japanese friends. :D

PS: I'am always optimistic, otherwise I have to stop with chemistry and studying.

Have a nice weekend !
Java-shake
NI2
Illumina-Moderator

Beitrag von NI2 »

Ich kann mir Pok nur anschließen!

Hier nochmal offiziell willkommen bei Illumina. Welcome to illumina.

And now I understand this emoticon :D But sometimes it's may better to avoid them, if not all of the involved persons know this one. Sorry for being hard, but without your introduction - I think - the most of us couldn't understand your reaction(s).

Did you perform some total syntheses of biomolecules?

NI2
IOC

There is no sadder sight in the world than to see a beautiful theory killed by a brutal fact. [T. Huxley]
The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal. Hooray! [Prof. H. J. Farnsworth]
Trust the rhythm and the rhyme of your own heartbeat. [C. Douglas]
Sven1105
Illumina-Mitglied

Beitrag von Sven1105 »

Auch von mir:

Willkommen und viel Spaß hier im Forum! :)
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sven
Java-Shake
Illumina-Mitglied
Beitrag von Java-Shake »

Did you perform some total syntheses of biomolecules?
Yes, once I made cinnamaldehyde but now I struggle a bit with the crystallisation of my imine, because my vacuum controller have to be repaired first.
I did some succesfull isolations like ovalbumine, caseïne and alkaloids.

Now I try to isolate a alkaloid from a Brazilian epiphytic cacti, it's brown Brazilian sauce.. Here it's important to preserve you solution (fungi, bacteria,...) with MeOH.
Another thing is that you need so much plant material to get maybe the typical fish or ammonia smelling amines, need much time.

But the majority are tuff guys or fine chemicals that I made.
I see the porphyrine topic, where are the crystals or is it work in progress?

There is so much potential in Germany, it intrigues me !
Cyanwasserstoff
Illumina-Admin
Beitrag von Cyanwasserstoff »

Welcome!

The deuteroporphyrin dimethyl ester crystals are still work in progress. I've now evaporated the fractions of deuteroporphyrin purified by column chromatography and will recrystallize the residue from chloroform/methanol tomorrow. More porphyrins, including other natural ones, are also in the making.
"It is arguably true that the tetrapyrrole system is Nature's most remarkable creation."
- Claude Rimington
Java-Shake
Illumina-Mitglied
Beitrag von Java-Shake »

The spectrum shows a strong peak at 400 nm and 4 weaker peaks.
This looks indeed deuteroporphyrin dimethyl ester.

I'am very curious about the results, biochemistry = fun !
Your work is very good and I'am very curious to follow it up...

It's 'red against red' in Germany, I like it.

It is really the most exciting experiment that I did read for a good scientific discussion.

Have fun!
lemmi
IllumiNobel-Gewinner 2012

Beitrag von lemmi »

Hallo Yava-shake und willkommen hier auf Illumina! Auch ich finde deine ausführliche Vorstellung gut.
"Alles sollte so einfach wie möglich gemacht werden. Aber nicht einfacher." (A. Einstein 1871 - 1955)

"Wer nur Chemie versteht, versteht auch die nicht recht!" (G.C. Lichtenberg, 1742 - 1799)

"Die gefährlichste Weltanschauung ist die Weltanschauung der Leute, die die Welt nie gesehen haben." (Alexander v. Humboldt, 1769 - 1859)
Java-Shake
Illumina-Mitglied
Beitrag von Java-Shake »

I'am happy to hear you again and like you know, I like nice photo's
Also thank you to Pok, Sven, 'der Jan' and the many others.
Antworten